- St George's Hanover Square CofE Primary School
- Head: Mrs Judith Standing
- T 020 7629 1196
- F 02074 950 790
- E email@example.com
- W www.sghsprimary.org.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 11.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Westminster
- Pupils: 191
- Religion: Church of England
- Open days: Please see our school wesbite for open day information
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Early years provision Good 2
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 2
- 1 Short inspection 15th June 2016
- 2 Full inspection 3rd November 2011
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 12th May 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Welcome to St George’s (Hanover Square). We are the only state school in Mayfair. My name is Judith Standing and I am very proud to be the headteacher of this school. St George’s is a school rich in tradition but also looking towards the future. We have an exciting curriculum that enables pupils to develop real life skills through ‘project based learning’. Although we are a church school with very strong links with both St George’s Church and the Grosvenor Chapel, we are inclusive for all pupils and therefore educate children who are of Christian faith, no faith or of other faiths.
St George’s is set in the heart of Mayfair, near Berkley Square and Mount Street Gardens. As the only state school in Mayfair, our pupils come from a range of backgrounds, ethnicities and cultures and we celebrate this throughout the year. Teaching and support staff also represent the diversity that London holds. Being in central London allows us wonderful opportunities and through many partnerships our pupils are exposed to amazing opportunities, such as horse riding in Hyde Park and visiting Michelin Star Restaurants. Please contact us as we would love to welcome you to St George’s. ...Read more
What the parents say...
Please login to post a comment.
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available