- St George's Hanover Square CofE Primary School
- Head: Mrs Judith Standing
- T 020 7629 1196
- F 02074 950 790
- E email@example.com
- W www.sghsprimary.org.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 11.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Westminster
- Pupils: 191
- Religion: Church of England
- Open days: Please see our school wesbite for open day information
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Early years provision Good 2
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 2
- 1 Short inspection 15th June 2016
- 2 Full inspection 3rd November 2011
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 12th May 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Welcome to St George’s (Hanover Square). We are the only state school in Mayfair. My name is Judith Standing and I am very proud to be the headteacher of this school. St George’s is a school rich in tradition but also looking towards the future. We have an exciting curriculum that enables pupils to develop real life skills through ‘project based learning’. Although we are a church school with very strong links with both St George’s Church and the Grosvenor Chapel, we are inclusive for all pupils and therefore educate children who are of Christian faith, no faith or of other faiths.
St George’s is set in the heart of Mayfair, near Berkley Square and Mount Street Gardens. As the only state school in Mayfair, our pupils come from a range of backgrounds, ethnicities and cultures and we celebrate this throughout the year. Teaching and support staff also represent the diversity that London holds. Being in central London allows us wonderful opportunities and through many partnerships our pupils are exposed to amazing opportunities, such as horse riding in Hyde Park and visiting Michelin Star Restaurants. Please contact us as we would love to welcome you to St George’s. ...Read more
What the parents say...
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.