- St Hild's Church of England Voluntary Aided School
King Oswy Drive
- Head: Mrs Tracey Gibson
- T 01429 273041
- F 01429 232 235
- E Norman.J@st-hilds.hartlepool.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 16
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hartlepool
- Pupils: 692
- Religion: Church of England
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 5th February 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 7th February 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for St Hild's Church of England Voluntary Aided School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
A suite of rooms is dedicated to SEN, the St. Christopher Centre. We are an inclusive school and try to cater for pupils with SEN in an individual way. We are proud of the achievements of our SEN pupils (all 6 of our statemented pupils achieved at least two GCSEs in 2005). We have 100% disabled access and one of our teaching assistants is a wheelchair user. We deliver a Key Stage 2/3 transfer programme which enables pupils with learning difficulties to access mainstream secondary education in a structured and supportive way.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.