- St John's Catholic School for the Deaf (Boston Spa)
- Head: Mrs Ann Bradbury
- T 01937 842144
- F 01937 541471
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.stjohns.org.uk
- A special independent school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: HI - Hearing Impairment; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Leeds
- Pupils: 57
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 12th February 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 1st March 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for St John's Catholic School for the Deaf (Boston Spa)
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
St John's is a residential and day school for pupils aged from 3 to 19 years of age. As an oral school, great emphasis is placed on developing spoken language. Our multidisciplinary team comprises qualified teachers of the deaf, 5 speech and language therapists, audiologist and residential care staff. Pupils are taught in small class groups in acoustically treated classrooms using a group hearing system which has been digitally programmed to their particular hearing loss. The school has Beacon School status.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.