St John's Catholic School for the Deaf (Boston Spa)
- St John's Catholic School for the Deaf (Boston Spa)
- Head: Mrs Ann Bradbury
- T 01937 842144
- F 01937 541471
- E [email protected]
- W www.stjohns.org.uk
- A special independent school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: HI - Hearing Impairment; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Leeds
- Pupils: 57
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 12th February 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 1st March 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for St John's Catholic School for the Deaf (Boston Spa)
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
St John's is a residential and day school for pupils aged from 3 to 19 years of age. As an oral school, great emphasis is placed on developing spoken language. Our multidisciplinary team comprises qualified teachers of the deaf, 5 speech and language therapists, audiologist and residential care staff. Pupils are taught in small class groups in acoustically treated classrooms using a group hearing system which has been digitally programmed to their particular hearing loss. The school has Beacon School status.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available