- St Luke's School
Crouch Hall Lane
- Head: Mr Paul Johnson
- T 01582 626727
- F 01582 626 549
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- A special state school for pupils aged from 9 to 16
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hertfordshire
- Pupils: 85
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 7th February 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 9th June 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for St Luke's School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Self Development at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band B)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Self Development at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band B)
Special Education Needs
St Luke's is a county special school for pupils with moderate learning difficulties and associated needs. From Sept 2001 the school has had provision for pupils with high functioning autism/asperges syndrome in addition to their learning difficulties. The school is housed in part of the buildings which formerly constituted Redbourn Secondary School. The building is spacious and provides facilities not normally available to a special needs school. The playing fields accommodate one junior and four full sized football pitches, a hockey pitch, and an all weather cricket wicket. The tarmac area includes fenced tennis, netball courts, and a basketball court.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory||Y|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.