- St Nicholas School
- Head: Ms Rosalyn Way
- T 01249 650435
- F 01249 447033
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.st-nicholas.wilts.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wiltshire
- Pupils: 78
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Early years provision Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 22nd November 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 9th May 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
What the school says...
School caters for pupils who have a severe learning disability and in addition may have a physical impairment, sensory impairment, social needs or medical needs.
What the parents say...
No comments received for St Nicholas School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
St Nicholas is a provision for pupils in all phases of education who have a severe learning disability. This can include pupils who have ASD or a profound and multiple disability, as well as those who have a physical or sensory impairment. In addition to their severe learning disability, pupils may have any other kind of special need - eg. dyscalculia, dyslexia, EBD. Some pupils also have medical needs which affect their school day, eg epilepsy, gastrostomy.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available