- St Wilfrid's Catholic High School & Sixth Form College: A Voluntary Academy
- Head: Mrs Helen Gilroy
- T 01977 691000
- F 01977 723569
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.st-wilfrids.bkcat.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wakefield
- Pupils: 1644
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 2
- 1 Short inspection 8th June 2016
- 2 Full inspection 22nd March 2012
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 17th May 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for St Wilfrid's Catholic High School & Sixth Form College: A Voluntary Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Chemistry at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
Special Education Needs
St Wilfrid's RC High School believes that all children have the right to be educated in a mainstream school. We try to meet the needs of each individual student and all are welcomed. The strengths of each student are encouraged and developed to enable them to build their confidence and ability within a caring community of learners. Our aim is to enable each student to feel valued and therefore to become independent and happy adults.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.