- Strand Primary Academy
North East Lincolnshire
- Head: Miss Ruth Beckett
- T 01472 354605
- F 01472 582144
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.strandpa.org.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 3 to 11
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: North East Lincolnshire
- Pupils: 165
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- Early years provision Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 1st July 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 25th June 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Strand Primary Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
Strand Junior School is an inclusive school where we aspire to meet the needs of all pupils. The children who need additional support work in small classes or groups where the work is set at an appropriate level for the pupils learning. Each class has a full time teaching assistant as well as the class teacher. The progress of all pupils is monitored very closely and targets set. There is a close liaison with parents regarding their child's progress. Those pupils who have IEPs meet with parents twice a year, in additional to parent's evenings. The children are also involved in these meetings.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.