Sutherland House School
- Sutherland House School
- Head: Mrs Ann Stewart
- T 0115 960 9263
- F 0115 940 0483
- E [email protected]
- W www.autismeastmidlands.org.uk
- A special independent school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Nottingham
- Pupils: 56
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 19th October 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 7th October 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
This is not currently a GSG-reviewed school.
Do you know this school?
Please login to post a comment.
Overall school performance (for comparison or review only)
Results by exam and subject
Special Education Needs
Sutherland House School is run by Nottingham Regional Society for Adults & Children with Autism (NoRSACA). It is based on five sites around Nottingham and provides highly specialised provision. This provision is based on: clear, well defined routines and expectations; personal timetables with visual clarification; a teaching style which is sensitive and calm yet persistent and individual work.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Interpreting catchment maps
The maps show in colour where the pupils at a school came from*. Red = most pupils to Blue = fewest.
For help and explanation of our catchment maps see: Catchment maps explained
The 'hotter' the colour the more children have been admitted.
Children get into the school from here:
sometimes, but not in this year