Swanwick School and Sports College
- Swanwick School and Sports College
- Head: Mr Christopher Greenhough
- T 01773 602198
- F 01773 605904
- E [email protected]….derbyshire.sch.uk
- W www.swanwicksp…tscollege.co.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PD - Physical Disability; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Derbyshire
- Pupils: 81
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 18th March 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 21st June 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Swanwick School and Sports College
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Self Development at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band A)
Special Education Needs
We cater for a wide range of students including those with emotional and behavioural difficulties and moderate to severe learning difficulties. We are working towards vertically streaming ability groups. We are developing the vocational curriculum at KS4 and currently deliver programmes in construction childcare and beauty.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available