- Swimbridge Church of England Primary School
- Head: Mrs Sandra Tibbles
- T 01271 830437
- F 01271 830437
- E admin@swimbridge-…imary.devon.sch.uk
- W https://www.sw…y.devon.sch.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 11.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Devon
- Pupils: 109
- Religion: Church of England
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 14th February 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 29th January 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Swimbridge Primary School is situated amid rolling Devon countryside, 4 miles south east of Barnstaple, close to the Atlantic coastline. The school was originally founded in the 18th century, although the present building was constructed in 1866, with further classrooms added in the 1920s and 1990s, with an new admin block in 2003, the year the school topped the Primary League Tables for the South West, coming 25th in the country. We are currently the top Primary in North Devon. But SAT results and league tables are not what are really important. We aim for a happy learning environment - of excellence and enjoyment.
Although a small school we are able to cover all areas of the National Curriculum in our own unique style. We endeavour to maintain a friendly, caring family atmosphere conducive to learning. We have been especially sucessful 'bringing on' children with special needs and developing the skills of the more able. At Swimbridge EVERY child is special.
There is so much more about our school. Why not visit www.swimbridge.ik.org to get a flavour of our school? ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Swimbridge Church of England Primary School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.