- The Avenue Special School
- Head: Sue Bourne
- T 0118 937 5554
- F 01189 015 558
- E email@example.com
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PD - Physical Disability.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Reading
- Pupils: 122
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 2
- Early years provision Outstanding 2
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 2
- 1 Short inspection 23rd February 2016
- 2 Full inspection 11th March 2011
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 8th May 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Avenue Special School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Avenue School is a community school catering for pupils from two to nineteen years who have severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties including physical disabilities and autistic spectrum disorders. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs. The school has an Investor in People award and is involved in the Healthy Schools Initiative. Local achievements include Reading in Bloom gold award 2005 and Pride of Reading 2005. There are links with the community and other educational establishments.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.