- The Beacon Folkestone
Park Farm Road
- Head: Mr Neil Birch Bed Hons; Ma Ed; NLE
- T 01303 847555
- F 01303 251 185
- E email@example.com
- W www.thebeacon.kent.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Kent
- Pupils: 352
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 27th June 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 22nd June 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Beacon Folkestone
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Highview is a community special school for pupils from four to seventeen years who have moderate to severe learning difficulties, some also have emotional and behavioural difficulties. All pupils have statements of special educational needs. Highview is part of the Folkestone Learning Group and offers an outreach service to schools in the area. The school has the Healthy Schools Award and the Kent Work Experience Award.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.