The Belvedere Academy A GSG School
- The Belvedere Academy
17 Belvedere Road
- Head: Mr Peter Kennedy
- T 01517 271284
- F 01517 270602
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.belvedereacademy.net
- A mainstream state school for girls aged from 11 to 19
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Liverpool
- Pupils: 886
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 30th January 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 27th May 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
Very good pastoral care and tight on safeguarding. Bullying not seen as a problem by the girls we met - 'Everyone's friendly – you don't have bullies at Belvedere'; 'The teachers are very aware of social problems'. Sixth formers assigned to KS3 forms, may help individuals with reading; NSPCC training for peer mentors ('buddies'). The girls quickly feel...
What the school says...
The Belvedere Academy is a non-denominational, non-fee paying, independent secondary girls school for approximately 800 students: including 250 students aged 16 to 19. In the future, boys may be admitted into the Sixth Form.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since 2006 (one year before the school changed from a selective independent GDST school to a state-funded academy), Mr Peter Kennedy BEd Dip Man Ed (50s). Attended Cardinal Allen Grammar School, Liverpool, Christ College Education, and the then Manchester Polytechnic. Head of English and sixth form in a Knowsley comprehensive, deputy head of two other comprehensives in Knowsley, head Ellen Wilkinson High School (mixed) in Manchester, head of Chorlton High School, Manchester. Married, three grown-up children; outside interests include music, sport, travel.
Approachable, affable, humorous; wants to keep the original school's ethos of hard work and high standard of behaviour, attendance and academic results and adapt it to meet the challenges of a mixed ability cohort from all social strata; enjoys seeing the way the girls gain in confidence and blossom...