- The Cedar Centre
- Head: Gayle Adam
- T 01273 558622
- F 01273 702 112
- E admin@cedarcentre…ighton-hove.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 16. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Brighton and Hove
- Pupils: 66
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 14th November 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 16th September 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Cedar Centre
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: Castledean School caters for pupils with moderate learning difficulties. Pupils may have additional needs: challenging behaviours including ADHD, autistic spectrum disorders, and speech and language/communication difficulties. All pupils follow the national curriculum and have IEPs; Makaton is used where appropriate, as are P-levels for those children working below level one of the national curriculum. The school provides outreach support and facilitates inclusion opportunities in mainstream schools.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.