- The Cedars Academy
Tyne and Wear
- Head: Mr Martin Flowers
- T 0191 487 4595
- F 01914 820926
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: PD - Physical Disability; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Gateshead
- Pupils: 145
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th September 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 13th September 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
The Cedars became an Academy in September 2012. We are an all-age special school catering for the needs of a range of pupil, those with medical, sensory and physical needs, autism, emotional issues and communication difficulties. OFSTED reports have been consistently "Good"
We are now able to offer a post 16 facility for students. All our students leave with accreditation appropriate to their level of ability. We are a centre for sporting excellence, have held Artsmark Gold for 3 consecutive terms and offer Duke of Edinburgh schemes at all 3 levels. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Cedars Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Cedars School caters for pupils who have physical difficulties and speech and language difficulties.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available