The Co-operative Academy of Manchester
- The Co-operative Academy of Manchester
Plant Hill Road
- Head: Mr Steve Brice Ba Hons
- T 0161 795 3005
- F 0161 795 3005
- E [email protected]
- W www.cam.coop
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Manchester
- Pupils: 908
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 2
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 2
- 1 Short inspection 14th February 2018
- 2 Full inspection 6th November 2014
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 6th February 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
The business of learning is what goes on at The Co-operative Academy of Manchester in Blackley. We are a comprehensive secondary school for girls and boys in a fantastic new building. We are supported by our sponsors - The Co-operative Group, Manchester City Council and The Manchester College.
We have a wide curriculum covering the main areas like English, Maths and Science alongside opportunities to study a range of subjects - including hairdressing in our own salon.
In 2013 we achieved fantastic GCSE results making us 'the most improved school in Manchester'. Our attendance statistics are some of the highest in the city and Ofsted rated our Quality of Teaching, the Behaviour and Safety of Pupils and our Leadership & Management all as "Good". ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Co-operative Academy of Manchester
Please login to post a comment.
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available