- The Duchess's Community High School
- Head: Mr Maurice Hall Ba Hons Med
- T 01665 602166
- F 01665 510 602
- E email@example.com…thumberland.sch.uk
- W www.dchs-alnwick.org
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 13 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Northumberland
- Pupils: 1063
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 27th September 2012
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 12th October 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Duchess's Community High School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Classical Civilisation at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Classical Civilisation at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
Special Education Needs
Students with special educational needs are particularly welcome in our school. A team of specialist teachers and support assistants provides additional help to students with a variety of needs. We support in class and also withdraw students for additional help. In addition to a 'Support' option in Years 10 and 11, we offer vocational subjects which are accessible to all our students. Among our current students are those with learning, behavioural, physical, emotional and medical needs. We liaise closely with our feeder middle schools and external agencies and have a thriving 'Student Support' team within school. This has evolved through our role as an extended school and we are able to involve a variety of professionals to support our work with young people in school.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.