- The Forest School
- Head: Mrs Michelle Farr
- T 01423 864583
- F 01423 861145
- E email@example.com
- W www.forest.n-yorks.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 16. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: North Yorkshire
- Pupils: 106
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 11th June 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 16th November 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Forest School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide write: The Forest Schools caters for a variety of special needs including moderate and severe learning difficulties, autistic spectrum disorders, physical difficulties and language and communication disorders. All pupils have statements of special educational needs and are referred via North Yorkshire LEA. The school works closely with other schools in Knaresborough to offer mainstream inclusion opportunities for the children. Inclusion is carefully thought through and planned for. There is a purpose built nursery and some specialist accommodation including facilities for art, DT, science, food technology and ICT. The school employs a part-time speech and language therapist and has access to local health care trust staff including a physio and occupational therapist. School were proud recipients of the DfES School Achievement Award for the high standards attained in 2002 and 2003.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.