- The Greenwich Free School
403 Shooters Hill Road
- Head: Mr Rhys Spiers
- T 020 8319 3692
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.greenwichf…eeschool.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Greenwich
- Pupils: 496
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 18th May 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 12th February 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
We believe that all pupils can succeed if given outstanding teaching and pastoral care.
The Greenwich Free School is a smaller, more personal school, with no more than 100 pupils in each year group. This means teachers can get to know every pupil as an individual and be able to closely nurture and challenge them all.
We demand a lot, setting high standards for pupils and staff, with a 'no excuses' approach to attitude, work and discipline. We also recognise the importance of pupils' well-being building their characters and skills, and developing young people who will truly flourish. We have a longer school day, a wide range of daily extra-curricular activities and a more personalised curriculum for our pupils. Crucially, our teachers are given the time, training and management support to be truly outstanding.
The curriculum focuses on depth before breadth. Our priority is to ensure every pupil masters the most important subjects and skills particularly English and Maths as a base for further study and the world of work. Our objective is to develop pupils who are happy at school and committed to doing the best they can. We want all our pupils to be able to get to university and succeed there.
Life in the Greenwich Free School is hard work, but it is also truly engaging, exciting and fun. It is a school to be proud of and we are proud of our pupils. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Greenwich Free School
Please login to post a comment.
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.