- The Meadows School
- Head: Miss S Took
- T 01388 811178
- F 01388 814 050
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.themeadowsschool.info
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. Type of SEN provision: SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Durham
- Pupils: 58
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 1st March 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 10th October 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Meadows School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: The Meadows School caters for pupils who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. OFSTED inspected the school in June 2003 and noted its improvement since their previous visit (2001). Although the curriculum, the pupils' behaviour, and attendance were all considered unsatisfactory, OFSTED decided that "The Meadows is becoming an effective school and has a number of strengths."
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.