- The Meadows Sports College
Dudley Road East
- Head: Miss Joanna Cliffe
- T 0121 569 7080
- F 01215 697081
- E headteacher@theme…ws.sandwell.sch.uk
- W www.themeadows…andwell.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; PD - Physical Disability; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty; VI - Visual Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Sandwell
- Pupils: 137
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 7th June 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 26th November 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Meadows Sports College
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Meadows School is a Secondary School for students with complex and profound learning disabilities aged 11-19 years. The School was purpose built in 2003 with state of the art equipment and facilities. We have a number of awards recognising areas where the school is regarded as excellent. We have the Healthy Schools Gold award, we have the NAACE mark for ICT, we have extended schools established status (we were the first special school to achieve extended school status in the country) and we have the arts mark bronze award. The Meadows School has achieved Sandwell LEA'S charter mark for inclusion. Currently we are working towards achieving Specialist Sports status to give our students all the benefits that it will bring.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.