- The Oaks Secondary School
- Head: Mrs Andrea English
- T 01388 827380
- F 01388 827 314
- W www.theoaksschool.co.uk/
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Durham
- Pupils: 263
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 19th April 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 25th May 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Opened Autumn 2005. Caters for pupils with a range of special needs including: moderate, severe or profound and multiple learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders.
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Oaks Secondary School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: The Oaks Secondary School is a new school catering for pupils with autism, moderate learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning dificulties, and severe learning difficulties. It opened in September 2005.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.