- The Pines Special School
- Head: Miss Emma Pearce
- T 0121 464 6136
- F 0121 464 3149
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.thepinesspecialschool.com
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 12. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Birmingham
- Pupils: 115
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 16th January 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 22nd September 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
The Pines School is a primary special school, with a Nursery class, educating pupils who have communication disorders, the majority of whom have a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. Where it is appropriate, individual pupils are gradually integrated into mainstream settings in order that they may be included in their local community. Over a period of several years, the school has developed an outreach service, which works with a network of mainstream schools in order to facilitate the inclusion of pupils with communication difficulties and autism spectrum disorder. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Pines Special School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Please enter a general description of your SEN provision here here
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available