- The Polygon School
- Head: Mrs Anne Mary Hendon-John
- T 023 8063 6776
- F 023 8033 6066
- E email@example.com
- W www.polygon.so…hampton.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Southampton
- Pupils: 56
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 9th December 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 25th September 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
This is a special school for pupils holding a statement of Educational Need with social, emotional and / or behavioural difficulties as their primary need
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Polygon School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
Polygon is a community school providing for boys from eleven to sixteen years who have social, emotional and / or behavioural difficulties. The school accepts pupils who have been excluded from pupil referral units or who have been in youth custody as well as pupils referred through the Local Authority SEN Panel.T he school can cater for 56 boys and young men and is usually full. Admission is through the SEN placement panel.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.