- The Queen Katherine School
- Head: Mr Jon Hayes
- T 01539 743900
- F 01539 741223
- E s.housego@queenka…ine.cumbria.sch.uk
- W www.qks.org.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Cumbria
- Pupils: 1217
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Inadequate 1
- 16-19 study programmes Inadequate 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Inadequate 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Inadequate 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Inadequate 1
- 1 Full inspection 8th December 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 17th March 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2011.
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Queen Katherine School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Health Studies at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC First Award)
Special Education Needs
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.