The Royal School, Wolverhampton
- The Royal School, Wolverhampton
- Head: Mr Mark Heywood
- T 01902 341230
- F 01902 344496
- E [email protected]
- W theroyalschool.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 19.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Wolverhampton
- Pupils: 1187
- Religion: Church of England
- Open days: January
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Early years provision Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 2nd July 2019
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
The Royal School is located in a leafy suburb of Wolverhampton, drawing day pupils from the area and boarders from both the UK and overseas. Small class sizes and the close care of tutors ensure that pupils achieve their full academic potential, whilst a wide range of extra-curricular activities develops character and leadership.
The School's most able pupils regularly excel, going on to Oxbridge and other top universities. At the same time, the School addresses the needs of pupils of all abilities. In fact, 98% of leavers go to their first choice university. The School achieves excellent results in Maths, Sciences as well as the Arts. At The Royal, education is more than just academic rigour, it is about developing the whole person. ...Read more
This is not currently a GSG-reviewed school.
Do you know this school?
The schools we choose, and what we say about them, are founded on parents’ views. If you know this school, please share your views with us.
Please login to post a comment.
All-through school (for example 3-18 years). - An all-through school covers junior and senior education. It may start at 3 or 4, or later, and continue through to 16 or 18. Some all-through schools set exams at 11 or 13 that pupils must pass to move on.
State boarding school