Thomas Wolsey School
- Thomas Wolsey School
- Head: Helen Macdougall MEd
- T 01473 467600
- F 01473 462525
- E [email protected]
- W www.thomaswolsey.com
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty; VI - Visual Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Suffolk
- Pupils: 101
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 28th November 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 24th February 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2012
What the parents say...
No comments received for Thomas Wolsey School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Thomas Wolsey School is the County Community Special School for pupils who have complex physical and sensory impairment. The pupils have a wide range of educational abilities and benefit from small group teaching and a multi-professional staff team. We specialise in communication, technology access, multi-sensory curriculum, creative arts and inclusive PE. We have an Outreach Service to support inclusion of pupils with complex needs in mainstream schools.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available