Thornton-Cleveleys Red Marsh School
- Thornton-Cleveleys Red Marsh School
- Head: Mrs Catherine Dellow
- T 01253 868451
- F 01253 868 451
- E [email protected]
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty; VI - Visual Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Lancashire
- Pupils: 87
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 2
- Early years provision Outstanding 2
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 2
- 1 Short inspection 7th February 2019
- 2 Full inspection 15th January 2015
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 15th November 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
This is not currently a GSG-reviewed school.
Do you know this school?
Please login to post a comment.
Overall school performance (for comparison or review only)
Results by exam and subject
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: the school caters for children with severe, profound and multiple or complex learning difficulties. In 2005 Ofsted reported: 'this is a good, happy school. It has a wonderful atmosphere. Pupils are delightful.'
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|
Interpreting catchment maps
The maps show in colour where the pupils at a school came from*. Red = most pupils to Blue = fewest.
For help and explanation of our catchment maps see: Catchment maps explained
The 'hotter' the colour the more children have been admitted.
Children get into the school from here:
sometimes, but not in this year