- Thriftwood School
- Head: Elizabeth Smart M.Ed, Adv.Dip
- T 01245 266880
- F 01245 490691
- E [email protected]
- W www.thriftwoodschool.com
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 19. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Essex
- Pupils: 222
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 13th September 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 11th May 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2012
What the parents say...
No comments received for Thriftwood School
Please login to post a comment.
Overall school performance (for comparison or review only)
Results by exam and subject
Special Education Needs
Thriftwood is a good school, meeting the needs of children with learning difficulties and additional complex needs. Our school focuses on personal development and personal growth.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Interpreting catchment maps
The maps show in colour where the pupils at a school came from*. Red = most pupils to Blue = fewest.
For help and explanation of our catchment maps see: Catchment maps explained
The 'hotter' the colour the more children have been admitted.
Children get into the school from here:
sometimes, but not in this year
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.