- University of Chester Academy Northwich
- Head: Mrs Catherine Green
- T 01606 42515
- F 01606 46 053
- E admin@UCANorthwich.org
- W www.UCANorthwich.org
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Cheshire West and Chester
- Pupils: 349
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 11th January 2018
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 2nd December 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Opened January 2012, University of Chester Academy Northwich (UCAN) is a specialist school for the performing arts.
We use the performing arts to promote excellence throughout the curriculum and as a means by which standards can continue to be raised through the whole school.
What the parents say...
No comments received for University of Chester Academy Northwich
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
University of Chester Academy Northwich (UCAN) has a large (60 places) unit for pupils with moderate learning difficulties. This unit is a county resource and we draw pupils from a wide geographical area, not just from our school catchment area. We pride ourselves on our inclusive education policy and philosophy and all the pupils in the special unit spend the majority of their time with their mainstream peers, with additional support where necessary. All the pupils in the unit are registered in a mixed ability mainstream form.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.