- UTC Reading
- Head: Ms Joanne Harper Npqh, Ma, Bsc (Hons)
- T 0118 938 1020
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.utcreading.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 14 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Reading
- Pupils: 387
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th May 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
If you have a growing interest in computing science and engineering, enjoy learning through doing and want to benefit from the latest technology in learning, then the UTC Reading option could be right for you. Students who thrive with a high level of support and who want to learn in an environment that feels more like being at work than at school will find UTC Reading a good fit.
UTC Reading is a new University Technical College, an innovative approach to learning that offers specialist programmes alongside traditional subjects.
UTC Reading opened its doors in September 2013 and welcomed girls and boys aged 14 to 19 within a 15 mile radius of its campus on Crescent Road, Reading RG1 5RQ.
The specialist curriculum planned by UTC Reading, which combines technical with hands-on practical learning, will appeal to secondary school-aged pupils interested in computer science and/or engineering, who are keen on pursuing and developing their talents in these areas. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for UTC Reading
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Computer Archit / Systems at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC L1/L2 First Extended Certificate)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.