- UTC Reading
- Head: Ms Joanne Harper Npqh, Ma, Bsc (Hons)
- T 0118 938 1020
- E [email protected]
- W www.utcreading.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 14 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Reading
- Pupils: 387
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th May 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
If you have a growing interest in computing science and engineering, enjoy learning through doing and want to benefit from the latest technology in learning, then the UTC Reading option could be right for you. Students who thrive with a high level of support and who want to learn in an environment that feels more like being at work than at school will find UTC Reading a good fit.
UTC Reading is a new University Technical College, an innovative approach to learning that offers specialist programmes alongside traditional subjects.
UTC Reading opened its doors in September 2013 and welcomed girls and boys aged 14 to 19 within a 15 mile radius of its campus on Crescent Road, Reading RG1 5RQ.
The specialist curriculum planned by UTC Reading, which combines technical with hands-on practical learning, will appeal to secondary school-aged pupils interested in computer science and/or engineering, who are keen on pursuing and developing their talents in these areas. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for UTC Reading
Please login to post a comment.
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Computer Archit / Systems at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC L1/L2 First Extended Certificate)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available