- Vandyke Upper School and Community College
- Head: Mr Tim Carroll
- T 01525 636700
- F 01525 636701
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.vandyke.beds.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 13 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Central Bedfordshire
- Pupils: 934
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 11th March 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 25th April 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2011.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Vandyke Upper School and Community College
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking History at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Boys taking French at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
Special Education Needs
At Vandyke School "Everyone Matters" including all of our students with special educational needs. As a community school, we cater for students with a wide variety of special needs and we pride ourselves on the flexibility of our provision. The Special Needs Team keep staff informed about the needs of individual students and offer support both in and out of the ordinary classroom. We are supported by specialist teams from the LEA. Inclusion is important to us.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|