- Villa Real School
Villa Real Road
- Head: Mrs Jill Bowe
- T 01207 503651
- F 01207 500755
- E email@example.com
- W www.villareal.durham.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Durham
- Pupils: 88
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Early years provision Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 25th September 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 10th May 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Villa Real School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: Villa Real School caters for pupils and with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. In addition pupils may have a range of disabilities: ADD/ADHD, challenging behaviour, social and communication disorders, Down's syndrome, epilepsy, fragile X, multi-sensory impairment, semantic pragmatic disorder, visual impairment, dyspraxia, and Prader-Willi syndrome. The school has a number of specialist facilities including a sensory room, sensory garden, soft play room, hydrotherapy Pool, a fully furnished flat (for independence and life skills), sports hall, medical room and a dedicated conductive education suite. Conductive Education (CE), an educational programme for children with motor disabilities, which emphasises active learning in a group setting, is used where beneficial. Therapies available include: hydrotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, and physiotherapy. Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), sign language, TEACCH, etc are all used if appropriate. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.