West Lea School
- West Lea School
- Head: Mrs Sue Tripp
- T 020 8807 2656
- F 020 8803 5203
- E [email protected]
- W www.westleaschool.co.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 19. Type of SEN provision: PD - Physical Disability; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Enfield
- Pupils: 155
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 2
- 1 Short inspection 20th February 2018
- 2 Full inspection 13th December 2013
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 8th October 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for West Lea School
Please login to post a comment.
Overall school performance (for comparison or review only)
Results by exam and subject
Special Education Needs
West Lea School provides education for pupils who have a wide range of medical and learning difficulties, including speech, language, and communication difficulties, physical difficulties, emotional and behavioural difficulties, and autistic spectrum disorders.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Interpreting catchment maps
The maps show in colour where the pupils at a school came from*. Red = most pupils to Blue = fewest.
For help and explanation of our catchment maps see: Catchment maps explained
The 'hotter' the colour the more children have been admitted.
Children get into the school from here:
sometimes, but not in this year