- Westhead Lathom St James' Church of England Primary School
- Head: Mrs A Albion
- T 01695 574078
- F 01695 574 078
- E email@example.com
- W www.st-james56…ancsngfl.ac.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 3 to 11
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Lancashire
- Pupils: 80
- Religion: Church of England
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th November 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 12th January 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
A warm welcome awaits you at Westhead Lathom St. James Church of England Primary School, a small school with a big heart.
In the semi-rural village of Westhead, on the outskirts of Ormskirk, St James:
• Consistently achieves outstanding results-In the top 10% of schools nationally and joint 7th primary school in Lancashire as listed in The Telegraph;
• Was judged outstanding in all areas of education ( OFSTED 2014) and also outstanding ethos and development of Christian character (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools – SIAMS 2015)
• Enjoys close links with St. James Playgroup and Church;
• Provides an exciting, rich and creative curriculum;
• Nurtures children within a family environment to their full potential across all areas of learning and personal development;
• Admits only 12 children annually into the Reception Class
• Is situated less than two minutes in the car from Ormskirk School (Secondary) and a mile from Ormskirk Town Centre;
• Provides excellent care within breakfast and after-school club;
• Offers many extra-curricular activities with a passion for sport! ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Westhead Lathom St James' Church of England Primary School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
Westhead Lathom St James values each child as a unique individual who needs to be nurtured to their full potential. Sometimes special educational needs can create extra hurdles on that journey. We take these in our stride and endeavour to use the considerable expertise amassed during our collective years of teaching, together with a passion for learning new techniques and methods to provide an outstanding service.This enables us, with the support of parents, to overcome those difficulties and enable each child to become a fully rounded and well-balanced citizen with high-self esteem.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)||Y|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|