- Wigston College
- Head: Mr Michael Wilson
- T 0116 288 1611
- F 01162 881432
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.wigstoncollege.org
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 14 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Leicestershire
- Pupils: 380
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 8th March 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Inadequate on 22nd April 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Guthlaxton College is an over-subscribed mixed 14-18 school having Arts College status. Examination results have been improving at beyond the national rate for the last several years, and our accommodation and resources are of a very high standard - for example, we have 10 fully equipped computer rooms.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Wigston College
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking English Language at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Sports Studies at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 3)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.