- William Farr CofE Comprehensive School
- Head: Mr Andrew Stones Bsc(Hons)
- T 01673 866900
- F 01673 862660
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.williamfarr.lincs.sch.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Lincolnshire
- Pupils: 1450
- Religion: Church of England
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 11th February 2009
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 12th January 2006
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
As well as the Arts Mark Gold and Technology School Status the school also has been awarded the DfES Award for Excellence in 2001, 2002, 2003. It was named in HMCI annual report as a 'Gold Star' Outstanding School, holds the 'Careermark' Award, is a member of the 'Partnership Promotion Schools' for teacher training, as a Beacon School and is now a 'Leading Edge School' (One of only 100 in the UK and the only one in Lincolnshire).
It is also an Associate School of the University of Lincoln, a member of the Technology Enhancement Programme, and in 2001 according to the 'Guardian' was 'The state Comprehensive with the best A level results in the country. Another feature is a 2004/2006 5m+ building programme.
Converted to an academy 2011. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for William Farr CofE Comprehensive School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Design & Technology Systems & Control at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.