- William Henry Smith School
- Head: Mrs S C Ackroyd
- T 01484 710123
- F 01484 721658
- E email@example.com
- W www.whsschool.org.uk
- A special independent school for boys aged from 7 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Calderdale
- Pupils: 62
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 16th March 2018
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 11th December 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Updated by Good Schools Guide staff. Please feel free to amend details, add an image and self-portrait and complete our SEN/gifted survey which is made available to site visitors and is searchable, if you have not already done so. There is no charge to schools/colleges for information displayed on this site. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for William Henry Smith School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
We are a renowned and highly effective Non-Maintained Residential Special School catering for boys with Severe Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties. A caring, stable and stimulating environment combined with a high ratio of skilled and dedicated staff enables each young person at the school to have the opportunity to develop their full academic and social potential.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available