- Worksop College
- Head: Mr Gavin Horgan MA
- T 01909 537100
- F 01909 537102
- E [email protected]
- W www.wsnl.co.uk
- An independent school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 18.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Nottinghamshire
- Pupils: 607
- Religion: Church of England
- Fees: Day £15,510; Boarding £18,600 - £24,120 pa
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
What the school says...
Worksop College is a leading HMC independent school in Nottinghamshire offering a modern education against a background of traditional values and a Christian ethos. Set in a beautiful 300 acre estate on the edge of Sherwood Forest, Worksop College was founded in 1895 by Nathaniel Woodard with a Prep School for children aged 3 13 on a separate site. The school is divided into eight houses many of which are located in the magnificent main building.
We have purpose-built departments in Art, Music and Design Technology; our Sports Hall and Fitness Suite complements our two floodlit all-weather surfaces, swimming pool and squash courts as well as an eighteen-hole golf course and extensive playing fields, tennis courts, netball courts and athletics track. A full range of GCSE and AS/A2 subjects is taught with flexibility in the curriculum to deal with all abilities. An extensive academic enrichment programme and expert further education and detailed career advice are provided. There is huge scope for the Performing Arts together with extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
Above all Worksop College is a very happy school with outstanding pastoral care. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Worksop College
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Biology at an English Independent School (Level1/2 certificates)
- Best performance by Girls taking Chemistry at an English Independent School (Level1/2 certificates)
- Best performance by Girls taking Physics at an English Independent School (Level1/2 certificates)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Additional Applied Science at an English Independent School (Vocational GCSE Single Award)