The British School of Amsterdam
- The British School of Amsterdam
Infant School (Years 1 and 2) Jan van Eijckstraat 21 1077 LG Amsterdam
Junior and Senior School: Fred. Roeskestraat 94a 1076 ED Amsterdam
- Mailing address:
The British School of Amsterdam
Anthonie van Dijckstraat 1
- T 31 020 67 97 840
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.britams.nl
- State/Independent: Independent: private non-profit
- Lower School Ages: 3-11
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: Early Years (ages 3-5): 103 boys, 118 girls; Infant School (ages 5-7): 76 boys, 92 girls; Junior School (7-11) 127 boys, 123 girls
- Middle School Sexes: Co-ed
- Senior School Ages: 11-19
- Senior School Sexes: Co-ed
- Senior School Numbers: Boys 135: Girls 111
- Teaching Language: English
- SEN: SEN considered case by case
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: Yes
- School Year: September – July. Three week Christmas break; one week October half term break; One week mid-February break; two week Easter break, one week May break. Various public holidays including King’s Day.
- School Hours: 8.30am (for 8.45am start); finishing Early Years 3.10pm, Infant School 3.15pm, Junior School 3.30pm, Senior School 3.40pm. Extra curricular clubs and activities: Early Years and Infant: 3.15pm-4.15pm, Infant School: 3.30pm-4.30pm; Junior School: 3.45pm-4.45pm.
- Fee Currency: Euros
- Fee Details: One-time refundable deposit 1,500 Administration Fee of 250 (refundable if the school can not offer a place), One-time, non-refundable registration fee 1,500 Annual Tuition Fees (include all books and some after-school activities) Nursery (full-time) 11,940 Reception 14,940 Years 1-2 15,240 Years 3-6 15,420 Years 7-13 16,320
- Fee Extras: 1-to-1 support available as needed: extra cost. Speech and language therapy and occupational therapy: extra cost. No extra cost for EAL support. Pupils bring packed lunches in Early Years and Infant school. Lunch provided in Junior and Senior Schools (pupils can also bring packed lunch). Some after-school activities. Private music tuition.
- Religion: Non-denominational
GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education)
IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education)
National Curriculum for England
Council of British International Schools (COBIS) - COBIS is a member of the Independent Schools Council (ISC) and offers British accreditation internationally. As a condition of membership, COBIS schools must undergo a statutory inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI). ISI is the body approved by the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families for the purpose of inspecting independent schools in ISC under Section 162 of the Education Act 2002. Following a successful ISI inspection, COBIS is able to confer formal accreditation on its member schools worldwide. To confirm whether a school is actually accredited by COBIS, or has been inspected by ISI, you may check their member school directories (COBIS international schools) (ISI School Report Search), and may click on the school's link to read the report.
Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) (DfE BSO approved) - Independent Schools Inspectorate - One of six inspection providers that have been approved to inspect under the British Schools Overseas programme. According to the UK Dept of Education website, to be recognised by the Department for Education, "a British school overseas must have an inspection report which shows that their performance against all the standards is at least satisfactory. This reflects the standards required for continuing registration as a school in England. Schools meeting the standards will have their inspection reports published on the Department's website and will be allocated a unique reference number on the national school reference system, Edubase". A map on this link shows the locality of each British school overseas which has been inspected under the Department's inspection scheme. Individual inspection reports are available to download via the school location pins on the map.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.