Geneva English School
- Mailing address:
Geneva English School
36 route de Malagny
- T 41 22 755 18 55
- F 44 22 779 14 29
- E email@example.com
- W www.geneva-english-school.ch
- Memberships: Inspection by International Schools Inspectorate in 2014Swiss Group of International Schools (SGIS)Association Genevoise des Ecoles Privees (AGEP)Association of Governing Bodies of International Schools
- State/Independent: Independent: private non-profit
- Lower School Ages: 3-11
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: 240
- Senior School Ages: 11-12
- Senior School Sexes: Co-ed
- Senior School Numbers: Max 14 Y7
- Teaching Language: English
- SEN: SEN considered case by case
- Boarding: Not available
- Uniform: Yes
- School Year: Autumn, Spring and Summer Terms running from early September to end of June. Holidays: Christmas 3 weeks, Easter 2 weeks, Summer 9 weeks. Half Term of one week in Autumn and Spring Terms, a long weekend in the Summer Term.
- School Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri: Reception-Class 2 08.45 to 15.20 Classes 3-7 08.30 to 15.20Wed finish at 12.20.
- Fee Currency: Swiss franc
- Fee Details: 2016-2017 Annual Fees: Nursery:8,640 for 2 days to 18,300 for 5 days; Reception-Year 6: 23,990; Year 7: 27,990. 5% sibling discount.
- Fee Extras: Fees for New Students:Registration Fee:1,500; Capital Development Fund: 4,000; Tuition Deposit: 3,000. Additional fees are charged for hot lunch, required books and supplies, transportation, mandatory residential camp, and optional Ski Camp.
- Religion: Anglican
National Curriculum for England
Council of British International Schools (COBIS) - COBIS is a member of the Independent Schools Council (ISC) and offers British accreditation internationally. As a condition of membership, COBIS schools must undergo a statutory inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI). ISI is the body approved by the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families for the purpose of inspecting independent schools in ISC under Section 162 of the Education Act 2002. Following a successful ISI inspection, COBIS is able to confer formal accreditation on its member schools worldwide. To confirm whether a school is actually accredited by COBIS, or has been inspected by ISI, you may check their member school directories (COBIS international schools) (ISI School Report Search), and may click on the school's link to read the report.
Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) (DfE BSO approved) - Independent Schools Inspectorate - One of six inspection providers that have been approved to inspect under the British Schools Overseas programme. According to the UK Dept of Education website, to be recognised by the Department for Education, "a British school overseas must have an inspection report which shows that their performance against all the standards is at least satisfactory. This reflects the standards required for continuing registration as a school in England. Schools meeting the standards will have their inspection reports published on the Department's website and will be allocated a unique reference number on the national school reference system, Edubase". A map on this link shows the locality of each British school overseas which has been inspected under the Department's inspection scheme. Individual inspection reports are available to download via the school location pins on the map.