German International School Cape Town
The city-centre bilingual German International School Cape Town (G1-12) offers qualifications for both South African and European universities. English speakers with no German may join in Grade 5 only.
- German International School Cape Town
28 Bay View Avenue
- T 27 021 480 3861
- E [email protected]
- W dsk.co.za
- Lower School Ages: 6-9
- Lower School Sexes: Co-ed
- Lower School Numbers: 260
- Middle School Ages: 10-15
- Middle School Sexes: Co-ed
- Middle School Numbers: 380
- Senior School Ages: 15-18
- Senior School Sexes: Co-ed
- Senior School Numbers: 225
- Total School Numbers: 950
- Teaching Language: German and English
- SEN: SEN considered case by case
- Boarding: Available
- Uniform: Yes
- School Year: Southern hemisphere school calendar from January to December, divided into four terms. Term 1: January to March; Term 2: April to June; Term 3: July to September; Term 4: October to December.
- School Hours: 07.30 - 14.00 (later for after school programme)
- Fee Currency: R75,400 (G1-12)
- Fee Details: Fees can be paid annually (small discount if paid by February), quarterly or monthly x 10; Sibling rebate of 10% (2nd child), 20% (3rd child), 50% for each additional child; Some means-tested financial assistance is available.
- Fee Extras: Admission fee R1,500; Bus service (from G2) R19,376 p.a; Development levy G1-4 R7,000 per family, G5-12 R10,000 per family; Afternoon programme R10,560 - R18,040 p.a; IEB levy (G10-12) R2,200
- Religion: Non-denominational
- State/Independent: Independent: private non-profit
- Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA)
No school can pay to be in
The Good Schools Guide International. Period.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.