Wakefield Girls' High School A GSG School
- Wakefield Girls' High School
- Head: Mrs Nina Gunson
- T 01924 372490
- F 01924 231601
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.wgsf.org.uk
- A mainstream independent school for girls aged from 11 to 18 with a linked junior school.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wakefield
- Pupils: 730
- Religion: Christian Inter-denominational
- Fees: £11,967 pa
- Open days: Early October.
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- ISI report: View the ISI report
- Linked schools: Wakefield Girls' High School Junior School
What The Good Schools Guide says..
There is an immediate buzz as soon as you enter the school. Girls come across as well-mannered, happy, confident and eager to learn. Girls are given a teddy both on entering the junior as well as leaving the senior school...
What the school says...
Entrance examinations consist of: 11 - 13: English, Maths, VR & non-VR. 16: Pass in all GCSE subjects taken including grades A-B in subjects to be pursued.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Classical Civilisation at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Music at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Theory of Music at an English Independent School (Grade 5 Drama Music Lit Speech)
All-through school (for example 3-18 years). - An all-through school covers junior and senior education. It may start at 3 or 4, or later, and continue through to 16 or 18. Some all-through schools set exams at 11 or 13 that pupils must pass to move on.
Equestrian centre or equestrian team - school has own equestrian centre or an equestrian team.
What The Good Schools Guide saysThere is an immediate buzz as soon as you enter the school. Girls come across as well-mannered, happy, confident and eager to learn. Girls are given a teddy both on entering the junior as well as leaving the senior school – the latter dressed in a school hoodie! There are no hurdles for existing girls to enter the sixth form but if it's clear a girl will struggle...
Since September 2015, Mrs Nina Gunson. A Wakefield Old Girl herself, Mrs Gunson knows the school's values and ethos well and is committed to single-sex education. She gained a first class degree in molecular and cellular biology from the University of Huddersfield followed by an MSc in multimedia and E-learning.
Mrs Gunson was previously deputy head at Sheffield High School (also all girls) and, before...