Read our reviews
Gain instant, unlimited access to over 1450 honest and opinionated reviews of UK independent and state schools
What do we include in our UK school reviews?
- School overview
- Academic results & facilities
- Pastoral care and inclusivity
- Fees - how much will it cost?
- Scholarships & bursary information
- Teaching and learning approaches
- Ethos and heritage
- Information about the head
- Entrance & admissions information
- Exit information - where do the children go next?
- Latest results
- Learning support & SEN information
- Boarding information
- Arts and extracurricular
- Range of sports
- Pupils & parents (what are they like?)
You’ll also get access to:
- Independent and unbiased reviews on tutor companies, selected on merit only
- Information, data and catchment maps on over 30,000 independent, state and SEN UK schools
- Registered user features such as list creation, compare tool, monthly advice emails
- Help and advice articles written by our education experts
Prefer print to digital?
Looking for international schools outside the UK?
12 months access
Helping families around the world choose the best schools, The Good Schools Guide International online subscription gives you access to:
☑ Candid and unbiased reviews of more than 175 schools in major cities across the world - from New York to Geneva, Dubai to Hong Kong, and many more in between
☑ Local insight and honest opinion about the overall education offering and the best schools in these cities and countries
☑ Expert advice to help you understand and navigate different curricula and different school systems across different countries, continents and hemispheres
“Thanks so much for all your help and advice. I’m a total fan now, without the website I would have felt very lost and insecure navigating the school world.”
"We would have been lost without the Guide. I read quite a lot of the reviews and it was our go-to guide. Also, the reviews of the schools we shortlisted after reading the Guide corresponded to what they were like when we visited them."
More about us
“In 1986 we changed the landscape of how parents choose schools for their children; we launched the first fully independent, honest and unvarnished reviews of schools. A lot has changed since then - many websites now have their own reviews; most of them paid for by the schools themselves - but we remain the trailblazers. We are intrepid, we are honest and we care about providing parents with a true account of what a school is really like. We interview teachers, parents and children to get to the heart of what matters to you. We are The Good Schools Guide.”