Copthorne Preparatory School
- Copthorne Preparatory School
- Head: Mr Chris Jones
- T 01342 713020
- F 01342 714 014
- E [email protected]
- W www.copthorneprep.co.uk
- An independent school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 13.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Surrey
- Pupils: 350
- Religion: Anglican/Church of England
- Fees: Day - £8,895 - £15,480 pa
- Open days: March, May and October - please see our website for more information with regards to our Open Days as well as information about our admissions process for both day and boarding.
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
What the school says...
Copthorne Preparatory School was established in 1902 with just nine boys and a singularity of purpose: preparing well rounded children for an education at Winchester College. Since then, the school has grown considerably, equipping enquiring young minds with the necessary wherewithal for an education at premier independent schools in the South East and beyond: Ardingly, Brighton College, Caterham, Christ’s Hospital, Hurst, Whitgift and Worth to name but a few.
Over the last five years, an average of 60% of our Year 8 children have received scholarships and awards to their first choice schools … a remarkable achievement for a small school but one we believe is due to the commitment and care shown by staff to each and every child during their time at Copthorne Prep.
Currently welcoming 350 boys and girls of different nationalities, we enjoy a remarkable cultural diversity which is celebrated throughout the school, developing deep-rooted friendships, understanding and mutual respect amongst peers.
Copthorne Prep School is an IAPS day and boarding school for children aged 2-13 years and is situated on the Sussex/Surrey border, just five miles from London Gatwick. Weekly boarders are escorted by train to and from London on Friday and Sunday evenings. ...Read more
What the parents say...
Please login to post a comment.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.