Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College
- Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College
- Head: Mr Tim Fisher
- T 01325 461315
- F 01325 361 705
- E [email protected]
- W www.qeliz.ac.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 16 to 99.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Darlington
- Religion: Does not apply
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College is one of the country's leading colleges and the top sixth form college in the north of England. In successive inspection reports the College has been judged outstanding in all aspects of provision. There are more than 40 Advanced Level courses on offer and learning programmes are customised to meet individual needs. Results are excellent, teaching and learning are of exceptionally high quality and the pastoral care and guidance of students are outstanding. Each year around 800 students progress to more than 80 universities throughout the country and a good number are accepted for Oxbridge. In 2011, 9 students had conditional Oxbridge offers.
In addition to academic excellence the College has a wide range of enrichment and extra curricular activities.
Max age is 19 for mainstream provision. However, adults are welcome to join daytime and evening classes. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Information Technology at an English Comprehensive School (Applied GCE AS level Double Award)
- Best performance by Girls taking Sports Studies at an English Comprehensive School (OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma at Level 3)
- Best performance by Boys taking Information Technology at an English Comprehensive School (Applied GCE A level Double Award)