- Solihull School
- Head: Mr David E J J Lloyd Bsc
- T 0121 705 0958
- F 01217 114439
- E email@example.com
- W www.solsch.org.uk
- An independent school for boys and girls aged from 7 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Solihull
- Pupils: 1038
- Religion: Church of England
- Fees: £6,663 - £8,418 pa
- Open days: September
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
What the school says...
At Solihull School, we pride ourselves on ensuring that all pupils realise their full potential. We are a community providing co-educational continuity from 7 to18, with three main aims; ambition, opportunity and community.
Our staff and pupils are ambitious and seek to maximise potential in one another and extend themselves beyond their immediate interests and perceived capabilities. Learning takes place in and out of the classroom, at home and abroad, and new opportunities are welcomed and embraced.
We have a Christian foundation, and welcome boys and girls of all faiths into a supportive and caring environment. We aim to prepare them for adult life as happy, charitable, confident and intelligent people and teach them the importance of winning with humility and losing with dignity.
The teaching at Solihull School is excellent and our examination results speak volumes about the progress Silhillians make in their studies. Last year, at A Level, 83% of grades were A*, A and B whilst at GCSE, 77% of our grades were A* and A. Furthermore, virtually all of our Upper Sixth go to their chosen university.
We have excellent facilities with a brand new, state-of-the-art Sixth Form Centre for September 2015. The School is situated on a 50-acre site, with various pitches for sport, an 800-seat theatre hall, swimming pool, and state-of-the-art music school.
There is something for everyone at Solihull; sport, music and drama are all strong and there are many more activities to keep pupils busy. Debating, Young Enterprise, the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, photography, food technology, fencing and even skiing are all popular choices. The School also owns a cottage in Snowdonia and most pupils will visit the cottage at least once.
Our pupils achieve at the highest level in a caring and warm environment, where relationships between pupils and between pupils and staff are friendly, respectful and conducive to the fulfilment of every individuals potential. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Solihull School
Please login to post a comment.
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Physics at an English Independent School (Level1/2 certificates)
- Best performance by Boys taking English Language at an English Independent School (Level1/2 certificates)
- Best performance by Boys taking English Literature at an English Independent School (Level1/2 certificates)
- Best performance by Girls taking Physics at an English Independent School (Level1/2 certificates)