The Faculty of Queen Ethelburga's
- The Faculty of Queen Ethelburga's
Thorpe Underwood Estate
- Head: Mr Daniel Machin
- T 01423 333300
- F 01423 333912
- E [email protected]
- W www.qe.org/faculty
- An independent school for boys and girls aged from 14 to 19.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: North Yorkshire
- Pupils: 565
- Religion: None
- Fees: Day £15,375 - £16,455; UK boarders £35,643 - £37,380; International boarders £43,680 - £46,104 pa
- Open days: September November January March April June
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
- Linked schools: Queen Ethelburga's College
What the school says...
As soon as you arrive at Queen Ethelburga's you sense that, here is somewhere special, friendly and pleasingly different. Our campus is exceptional, with a range and quality of facilities few can equal and an unparalleled variety of courses to suit all tastes and aptitudes. Pupils, past and present, will tell of our successful commitment to them as individuals, our dedicated caring staff and the practical completeness of the education we provide. We ask every student to strive for the Hill Standard - 'to be the best that I can with the gifts that I have'.
The Faculty offers a refreshing new approach, trailblazing within the independent sector. Offering a large number of GCSE, A level and BTEC options, it allows students a much more individual approach to course building across academic, creative and vocational options. Most students are still looking to progress to university or specialist college courses, but the different routes to achieve this enables success for students with a wide range of approaches to learning. We know that, in life, success can be achieved in many different ways – The Faculty facilitates this for a wide cross-section of young people. ...Read more
Do you know this school?
The schools we choose, and what we say about them, are founded on parents’ views. If you know this school, please share your views with us.
Please login to post a comment.