Twyford Church of England High School A GSG School
- Twyford Church of England High School
- Head: Dame Alice Hudson
- T 020 8752 0141
- F 020 8993 7627
- E admissions@twy….ealing.sch.uk
- W www.twyford.ealing.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Ealing
- Pupils: 1485
- Religion: Church of England
- Open days: Main School September, 6th Form November
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 3rd May 2012
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 24th April 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
'Spiritual matters are neither embarrassing nor taboo here' – a big claim but it feels legitimate. Pupils, though seldom deferential, respect teachers – there is a good working relationship between staff and pupils at all levels. 'They stretch you as...
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2011.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Chemistry at an English Comprehensive School (Edexcel Certificates)
- Best performance by Boys taking Physics at an English Comprehensive School (Edexcel Certificates)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Music Studies (General) at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 2)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Religious Studies at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Biology at an English Comprehensive School (Edexcel Certificates)
What The Good Schools Guide says'Spiritual matters are neither embarrassing nor taboo here' – a big claim but it feels legitimate. Pupils, though seldom deferential, respect teachers – there is a good working relationship between staff and pupils at all levels. 'They stretch you as far as you can go – but...
Executive Head Teacher
Since 2002, Dame Alice Hudson MA (Oxon) (40s), educated at Slough Girls' High and Leighton Park, then St Hilda's, Oxford, where she read English. Previously deputy head at Brentside HS, also in Ealing, and prior to that taught at Central Foundation Boys, Islington and Maria Fidelis, Euston. Joined Twyford in 2000, first as deputy, then acting head and appointed head in September 2002. Married to Michael Lyon. He works for the Bank of England (‘more public servant than banker,’ she says). He is Roman Catholic, she and...
Special Education Needs
The school has expertise in dealing with students with dyslexia or specific learning difficulties. It has also successfully worked with students on the autism spectrum and those with physical difficulties. Students with EHC plans have an individual programme of support. Students with weakness in literacy and numeracy are given specific support at KS3 to catch up with peers by KS4.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|