- Woodkirk Academy
- T 01133 368140
- F 01132 526456
- E headteacher@wo…k.leeds.sch.uk
- W www.woodkirkhigh.co.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Leeds
- Pupils: 1810
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Current Ofsted grade: Good on 14th November 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 20th January 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2011.
Woodkirk is a large and expanding school in the south of the City close to the borders with Wakefield and Kirklees. There are 1800+ students on roll including 230 in post sixteen education. The school has excellent facilities for specialist teaching including a Drama Studio, Sports Hall, ICT suites and a Learning Resources Centre opened in December 2002. Woodkirk has a high reputation locally as a well ordered and positive community where pupil behaviour and discipline are of the highest order. It is regarded as successful in terms of academic and non-academic achievements, the quality of teaching and learning, a wide range of opportunities and a vibrant cultural life. Traditionally it has been strongly led, has high calibre staff and is supported by pupils, parents and the community. Students are acknowledged to be confident, friendly and helpful. The number of students gaining 5 A*-C grades at GCSE has steadily increased from 40% (1977) to 57% (2002). The school is heavily over-subscribed.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Woodkirk Academy
Do you know this school?
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Use of Mathematics at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Modelling with Calculus at an English Comprehensive School (Free standing Maths Qual Level 3)
- Best performance by Girls taking Modelling with Calculus at an English Comprehensive School (Free standing Maths Qual Level 3)
Subscribe now for instant access
For instant access to available data including catchment area maps and a host of other benefits, please purchase a subscription to the Good Schools Guide.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular monthly newsletter